Rolling out of bed this afternoon from the debauchery that was my New Year’s Eve, I wanted to make a post about my New Year’s resolutions. Yesterday, I created the illustration above. I saw something similar on Tumblr by Susan Yan Mach and thought that it would be a pretty cool thing to do.
My last year has been full of ups and downs. I got to see the other side of the country, loved hard, experienced heartbreak, met great people, and eaten at really cool places. For 2014, I want to experience more. Below is a little bit more about what I want to accomplish this upcoming year.
- Create a lasting impression: I want to put my mark on the world.
- Give my time: I want to make more of an effort to volunteer and take out more time to hang out with my friends.
- Read 2 books a month
- Learn a new language: I would really like to learn a few languages over the course of the next couple years.
- Conquer my fears: I have a horrible fear of failure, abandonment, and heights. I would like to conquer those this year.
- Be a better person: I just want to be a genuinely better person. There’s a lot I can improve upon when it comes to myself.
- Finish my novel (by Feb.): I’m so close to finishing it and it’s been a long road. Getting my novel completed and published would be a dream come true.
- Save more money: Money helps me be able to do all the cool things that I like to do, so I would like to start saving more.
- Travel to 3 new cities: I have a few places I would love to visit this year.
- Live like there’s no tomorrow
- Exercise at least twice a week: It’s been almost a year since I started weightlifting. I would love to keep it up and get back into yoga. I’ve lost so much weight and I would like to keep myself in shape.
- Draw daily: I want to keep getting better at my craft and the only way to do that is practice it every day.
- Socialize more (meet new people): I’m a bit of a loner the majority of the time. Meeting new people would be nice.
- Love without regrets
I would love to hear some of your resolutions. Drop them in the comments if you want.
Thank you again for reading. ^_^